If you want to find a stud to hang a shelf or you want to mount a flat screen TV inside your room, the only thing you don’t want is to mess around. The traditional hunt and peck system of detective task will leave you with several holes in the wall. With the use of stud finders, you’ll get a cleaner and effective stud searching. If you consider buying one, we will provide you with information about the best stud finder so you know which one to buy.
- List of Top 10 Best Stud Finders in 2019
- 1. CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finders
- 2. ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
- 3. Zircon MS 740 Multi Scanner Center-Finding Stud Finder with Metal Detection and Live AC Wire Tracing for Rough or Textured Walls
- 4. Zircon 68314 MultiScanner i520 Center-Finding Stud Finder with Metal and AC Electrical Scanning
- 5. Zircon SS 70 StudSensor Center-Finding Stud Finder with WireWarning Detection, Patented SpotLite Pointing System and Built-In Erasable Wall Marker
- 6. Black & Decker Tools BDL 100S Bulls Eye Auto Leveling Laser Line and Stud Finder
- 7. Morris Products 59120 Ultrasonic Distance Meter and Wood Stud Finder
- 8. Zircon 68469 Remodel Starter Kit with Ms 540 Center-Finding Stud finder, Breaker ID Circuit Breaker Finder
- 9. Precision Sensors Stud Finder Professional Deep Scanning LED Profinder 5000
- 10. STANLEY Stud Finder Sensor Detector ProSensor 5000+ and LeveLock 25’ Tape Measure
- Related Posts
List of Top 10 Best Stud Finders in 2019
1. CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finders
Reliable, simple and cheap, this item is one of the sought after and best selling stud finder in the market today. It utilized the conventional system of magnets to search studs, so there were no batteries to worry when it comes to changing. Apart from that, it has a bubble vial where you can make easy adjustments on the fly and ensure everything is working. Even if there are not many features the item can offer, it’s certainly one of the best you can use for home.
2. ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
This unit features a few whistles and bells than the CH Hanson. It is an electronic stud finder along with multi-sense technology that can search studs in different locations on the wall that makes it perfect for wider scale works. Further, it has a bright LED lights that show you the location of the stud, which will make precise marking a lot easier. This item detects hidden objects too, so you will never find yourself drilling. The unit works with two AA batteries.
3. Zircon MS 740 Multi Scanner Center-Finding Stud Finder with Metal Detection and Live AC Wire Tracing for Rough or Textured Walls
This stud finder will surely win your heart as this has some best and great quality. The signal strength indicator of Zircon MS 740 helps to determined between deep and shallow targets. This is an amazing stud finder when you prefer patching holes in your holes where there was not the actual stud. Apart from that, this is an amazing product, runs every time and has zero problems with operation.
4. Zircon 68314 MultiScanner i520 Center-Finding Stud Finder with Metal and AC Electrical Scanning
This stud finder features an LCD display, laser pointer and audio tone for accurate detection of both wooden and metal studs. This will detect live wiring around 2 inches into walls. The 4 scanning models naming AC scan, metal scan, deep scan and stud scan make it perfect for both home carpenters and tradesmen out there. One of the best thing about this item is that it has live wire detector.
5. Zircon SS 70 StudSensor Center-Finding Stud Finder with WireWarning Detection, Patented SpotLite Pointing System and Built-In Erasable Wall Marker
Zircon SS 70 StudSensor is an excellent stud finder and it’s very precise as well as its additional features that are almost obligatory. This stud finder is so easy to use and has been accurate most. Knowing there’s a wire working along the stud is a huge help and the capability to sort the stud center with the pencil tip is stunning. Moreover, it has a ready light that will tell if the tool is ready for use and calibrated. Therefore, you can choose this stud finder because its features are great.
6. Black & Decker Tools BDL 100S Bulls Eye Auto Leveling Laser Line and Stud Finder
Combining a leveling laser along with electronic stud sensor, this unit is quite a good idea. This unit can stand up to strong project conditions without even failing and is a perfect model for more professional wall and installation work. This item features auto-levelling technology and presents little horizontal lines so one can make their marks with easiness and confidence. Apart from that, the LCD screen is full of information, displaying you live wires, studs and metal studs.
7. Morris Products 59120 Ultrasonic Distance Meter and Wood Stud Finder
This product seems to be a preferred stud finder item. It features ultrasonic distance meter that measures almost 2 ft. up to 50 ft. There are limited reviews about Morris Product 59120 and it seems that it’s not popular at all. However, this stud finder still offers amazing features like laser pointer measures around 2 feet up to 50 feet. It has also a built-in calculator for measuring volumes and areas, memory function, auto calibration and detection and more.
8. Zircon 68469 Remodel Starter Kit with Ms 540 Center-Finding Stud finder, Breaker ID Circuit Breaker Finder
If you are looking for a stud finder that can prevent hazard, this kit comes with 540center finding stud finder along with AC wire tracking. The Zircon Multi scanner locates the edges, centers, and direction of metal or wood studs around ¾ inches deep. Its metal scan mode searches non-ferrous metal, like copper pipe around 1.5 inches deep, as well as a ferrous metal like rebar around 3 inches deep.
9. Precision Sensors Stud Finder Professional Deep Scanning LED Profinder 5000
This electronic stud finder offers a bigger sensor pad area to detect studs accurately. It’s made for easy use by beginner and experienced home carpenters. If you’re into something with a more functionality than the magnetic type, however, want something that is easy to use, this unit is a good bet.
10. STANLEY Stud Finder Sensor Detector ProSensor 5000+ and LeveLock 25’ Tape Measure
The PROSENSOR 5000+ is an expert-grade stud finder, which is faster, accurate and less error prone compared to other stud detectors available in the market today. This stud detector illuminates instantly the width or discovers multiple objects in the walls.
So which is the best stud finder for you? This depends on the scope of the project you’re going to make. Overall, these are only some of the best stud finder tools, which would make a great extra to any of your collection. If you find the ideal one, there’s no doubt that you’ll be hanging like a professional in no time. Along with other tools, the sensor you choose makes for an ideal home improvement addition.