Summer heat is more painful than anything else you can think of. While this is completely relevant, it is also true that the heat can be easily controlled. How can you do that? Well, with the help of evaporative coolers, you can easily bid farewell to the extreme heat. Due to global warming and climate change, summers have become much hotter than they used to be. Thus, it becomes impossible to withstand this heat without preferring any effective way for cooling. Portable Evaporative coolers are quite cheap and they provide a sensational cooling effect which the fans fail to provide. Furthermore, you will be able to easily carry the portable evaporative coolers which make them much more convenient for usage.
However, choosing the perfect portable evaporative cooler can be a very tough job. There are several products available in the market, so choosing the best one among them is always difficult. Hence, we have made a perfect list of best evaporative coolers of this year for you to check out. So, go through the list below carefully and take your buying decision wisely. Have a look:
- Top 10 Best Portable Evaporative Coolers Reviews
- 10. SPT SF-614P Evaporative Air Cooler with 3D Cooling Pad
- 9. Honeywell 470 CFM Indoor Evaporative Air Cooler (Swamp Cooler)
- 8. SPT SF-48LB 101 Pint Heavy-Duty Indoor/Outdoor Evaporative Cooler
- 7. Portacool PAC2KCYC01 Cyclone 3000 Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 6. Honeywell CO30XE 63 Pt. Indoor/Outdoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
- 5. Quilo QE1SKS 3in1 Quiet Low Energy Portable Tower Fan with Evaporative Cooler & Humidifier
- 4. Hessaire MC37A 2200 CFM 3 Speed Evaporative Cooler
- 3. Portacool PAC2K36HPVS 36-Inch Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 2. COOL-SPACE CS6-36-VD Variable Speed Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 1. Quietaire QC36D1 36 Inch Direct Drive Portable Evaporative Cooler
Top 10 Best Portable Evaporative Coolers Reviews
10. SPT SF-614P Evaporative Air Cooler with 3D Cooling Pad
The price tag on this one is lower than the cheapest smartphones on the market. So you can buy this for yourself because an affordable cooler that performs better than this is a hard find. The SPT SF-614P evaporative air cooler will keep you cool every during the harshest summers as it is extensively used for spot cooling. And the three-speed air and fans are just what you need.
- The 3D honeycomb style of the cooling fan promises to provide the lovely cooling effect.
- Three air and fan speeds (natural, normal and sleep) ensure maximum comfort.
- Comes with a remote.
- Energy saving and has a 5L water tank which assures enough storage of water.
- If you use ice, you need to use a lot of ice to acquire the effective cooling.
- Doesn’t do a great job of cooling the whole room; works best if you are in the direct flow of air.
9. Honeywell 470 CFM Indoor Evaporative Air Cooler (Swamp Cooler)
This is a great cooler if you intend to use it in a small room. It doesn’t come with the features of the highly-priced coolers but gets the job done. Even when the air is hot and the climate is dry and humid, it will serve your purpose well. Thus, Honeywell 470 will keep you cool throughout the roughest weather.
- Cheap and affordable as it uses less energy. Thus, you can expect less electricity bill.
- Inexpensive and natural cooling, the non-compressor system will provide the natural cooling air.
- Can be used in open environments.
- No permanent installation needed.
- Easy to use LED control panel and remote to use across the room.
- Consumes a lot of water for its size.
- Doesn’t work well outside small rooms.
8. SPT SF-48LB 101 Pint Heavy-Duty Indoor/Outdoor Evaporative Cooler
Another SPT product in the list flaunting it’s amazing features and ruling the list. This is a beast even among the bigger coolers and does the job right by swinging moist cool air throughout the room. Moreover, it comes at a very inexpensive price tag.
- Enhanced cooling with 3D honeycomb pad design.
- It doesn’t have a compressor inside.
- It has auto-swing and comes with 3 types of fan speed.
- Saves electricity and uses only 140W of power.
- Too loud at high fan speed.
- Cooling pad is paper based so water absorption is much slower than a sponge based pad.
7. Portacool PAC2KCYC01 Cyclone 3000 Portable Evaporative Cooler
The Cyclone is a king among midsized portable evaporative coolers. It is extremely efficient, has a good cooling effect and can be used right out of the box. This evaporative cooler is highly durable and uses no harmful chemicals. Hence, it is the safest product to have around.
- Extremely energy efficient with just over 5 amps needed for the pump and motor.
- It can be turned to as low as 30-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Safe as there are no chemicals involved.
- Rust free and leak proof design.
- Ships with only one-year warranty of the parts.
- Doesn’t lower the surrounding temperature.
6. Honeywell CO30XE 63 Pt. Indoor/Outdoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
Trying to escape the hot and humid weather? Well, Honeywell does the job like most evaporative coolers out there and a lot more with its endless features. To sweeten the deal it also comes with a remote and has a 7.9-gallons water tank. Massive, isn’t it?
Not only water tank, but it also has an ice-compartment. Impressive!
- It comes with four-speed settings.
- It has a detachable water tank.
- Saves electricity.
- You can also use it in outdoors.
- Has low water alarm.
- Very noisy even on lowest speed setting
- The customer support is not so reliable.
5. Quilo QE1SKS 3in1 Quiet Low Energy Portable Tower Fan with Evaporative Cooler & Humidifier
For the inexpensive price tag, this is probably the best deal you might get. And without a doubt, you can call the Quilo Evaporative cooler a trustworthy product. It not only consumes less electricity but also keeps you safe from unwanted foreign particles. The compact design, energy efficiency and brilliant aesthetics all make this a winner.
- It’s quiet and eco-friendly.
- The cooler has water tank filter to avoid dust particles and other foreign pollutants.
- An all-in-one product that comes with fan, humidifier, as well as, evaporative air cooler.
- The detachable 7.5 liters tank also has a low-water alarm.
- Not fit for large rooms.
- It doesn’t bring down the room temperature by significant degrees.
4. Hessaire MC37A 2200 CFM 3 Speed Evaporative Cooler
You can truly call this product a compact one, rich with features and a steal for the price tag. Have this cooler with you for a day or two and you can easily feel the difference. The best part is you make use of the cooler for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
- A 7-foot cord and caster wheels mean more mobility.
- It is lightweight, just above 40 pounds.
- The cooler ensures automatic protection during overheat.
- Appropriate for both indoor and outdoor location.
- Makes loud noise if the tank is not half filled.
- It often spits out water from the front.
3. Portacool PAC2K36HPVS 36-Inch Portable Evaporative Cooler
Portacool with this 36-inch model has hit a home run. The cons on this are weightless compared to the gains. Moreover, it isn’t a power hog and does the job with just 11amps. Even if your room is as large as 2650 square feet, it will cool down the air and keep your safe from the worst summer days. Just give it a try.
- Build to last as it is molded with single piece polyethylene. And it can also face the worst of nature.
- Efficient “KUUL” pads for better cooling.
- Allows garden hose hook-up and thus, you can fill up to 32-gallons of water.
- Variable speed and durable.
- Requires constant water supply via garden hose.
- Turns up the humidity quickly.
2. COOL-SPACE CS6-36-VD Variable Speed Portable Evaporative Cooler
Cool space has been a household brand for many and design products that reduce your carbon footprint and prevent you from getting baked. The Cool Space 36” aims at pushing those boundaries. You don’t have to worry about the water supply connection for several hours for the big reservoir.
- Not prone to rusting or leaking due to UV resistant housing.
- Highly durable.
- Less noise compared to the coolers of its size.
- Not for use at home due to its large size
- Heavy price tag compared to similar models.
1. Quietaire QC36D1 36 Inch Direct Drive Portable Evaporative Cooler
Quietaire is definitely one of the most popular names in the industry. This 36-inch portable air cooler is a proof of their brilliance. It has a strong and durable structure yet the cooler is quite light weight. Moreover, it comes with four caster wheels which make it highly portable. This cooler from Quietaire is undoubtedly a heavy duty evaporative cooler as it comes with a 3/4 HP motor and assures you of covering an area of 2500 square meter. The electricity consumption is considerably very small whereas it refreshes your home atmosphere and protects you from the summer heat with utmost efficiency.
- Efficient power usage which is good for the environment and your power bill.
- Completely submersible pump.
- It works best in a dry environment.
- Price might be discouraging.
- Can be quite loud.