Think how difficult would it be to cut out posters and banners by yourself. Not only is it time consuming, but there is also no guarantee of precision. However, this is no big problem if you have a vinyl cutting machine. These machines can help you produce some superior quality work with even a little artistic training. Let’s take a look at the top 10 vinyl cutting machines in 2017 to help you in your times of need.
- 10. 28-Inch TITAN 2 Vinyl Cutter/Plotter
- 9. Cricut Explore Air Vinyl Bundle
- 8. Silhouette Cameo + Vinyl
- 7. Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
- 6. Silhouette Cameo 3 Machine
- 5. Brother ScanNCut 2 Cutting Machine
- 4. 28-Inch Vinyl Cutter
- 3. Silhouette Cameo Cutting Tool
- 2. 24-Inch LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
- 1. Cricut Mint 2 Die Cutting Machine (Vinyl Cutting Machines)
10. 28-Inch TITAN 2 Vinyl Cutter/Plotter
The Titan 2 vinyl cutter comes with variable speed and cutting tools that are perfect for making signs. It can easily work on a variety of material, and its large control panel and LCD screen make it very comfortable to work with.
- Large control panel
- LCD screen
- Varying speed
- Strong built
- Extremely expensive
- Only compatible with PC users
- Basic software
9. Cricut Explore Air Vinyl Bundle
This hardcore vinyl cutter can cut through papers, vinyl adhesive, iron-on and even a sack and lightweight leather. With it comes built-in Bluetooth for wireless cutting. You can also upload pictures of your choice, whatever the format might be, to get your signs made.
- Can cut through some thick material
- Uploading pictures is easy
- Get 100 free images as a gift
- Material range is small
8. Silhouette Cameo + Vinyl
The Silhouette vinyl cutter lets you import your own designs or use the designs provided with ease. Paper, cardstock, vinyl, and fabric are very easy to cut and design with it. It can even cut printed material effortlessly. It has an LCD touch screen display for faster working.
- LCD touch screen
- USB port
- No cartridge needed
- Software is compatible with Windows and Mac OS
- Can design on soft material only
- Too many wires
- For beginners
7. Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
With the freedom of choosing pictures of your choice for free, the Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine comes with Bluetooth to enable transfer of said pictures with comfort. Its dual carriage lets you write or score at the same time as cutting the vinyl. It can cut 60 types of material.
- Dual carriage
- Can use any picture
- Lets you use multiple functions
- Storage space
- Low-resolution pictures (100 DPI)
- Picture size is limited
- Software is not up to par
6. Silhouette Cameo 3 Machine
Connectable to the user’s computer via USB cord, the Silhouette Cameo 3 has a Bluetooth to link the machine to your computer and lets you share images effortlessly. It comes with improved rollers and raised roller bars, so it is adjustable and can help you cut even the hardest material. Its dual carriage, just like in the Cricut Air Wireless machine, enables you to multitask efficiently.
- Dual carriage
- LCD touchscreen
- Compatible with both Mac OS and Windows
- Raised rollers, so it is adjustable
- Self-adjustable blades
- Takes up space
5. Brother ScanNCut 2 Cutting Machine
Vinyl cutting machine by Brother comes with a better and bigger 4.85″ LCD screen for efficient working. Its 300 DPI scanner lets you design and cut your own files. It also comes with RGB color recognition software courtesy of its enhanced scanning. The ScanNCut does not need any kind of cartridge or dye as it can create designs by scanning anything.
- ScanNCut software
- 300 DPI scanner
- RGB color recognition
- Bigger LCD
- Excellent quality scanner
- No need for expensive cartridge
- Not Mac compatible
4. 28-Inch Vinyl Cutter
The product comes with a multi-purpose carriage, 3 compatible blades, and a blade holder with which you can use with even the most economical blades available. It has a pinch roller that gives you the option of using a wide variety of materials to design and shape. It lets you edit images, create shapes, signs and logos, and even customize text without any effort.
- Multi-function carriages
- Compatible blade holder that would let you use even an economical blade
- Lets you create anything
- Its roller lets the user design a variety of materials
- Only PC compatible
- Software needs work
3. Silhouette Cameo Cutting Tool
With the ability to cut paper, cardstock, vinyl, and fabric, it is astoundingly handy. It can carve images and design without limiting you to a size. It can go from 0.25″ to 12″ wide. Not only can it cut out designs, but when its blade is swapped with a pen, it can also draw beautiful and intricate pictures, signs and banners.
- 50 cuttable designs
- Access to many designs through the Silhouette software
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS
- Both cutting and designing can be done with it
- Material range for designing is not very large
2. 24-Inch LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
Easily installable with a strong built and superior motherboard coming at number 2 is the USCutter LaserPoint. It has blue and yellow LCD backlight to make your workplace brighter and clearer. For high accuracy, it is loaded with steel-barbed axis with a one-year warranty for the cutter. The machine is force and speed adjustable and can cut any size if it is converted to a vector file.
- Speed and force adjustable
- One-year warranty
- Powerful motherboard
- Dual LCD light
- Steel barbed axis
- Easy installation
- Size is not an issue
- Not compatible with Mac
1. Cricut Mint 2 Die Cutting Machine (Vinyl Cutting Machines)
Coming in at number 1 is Cricut’s Mint 2 Cutting machine. Its superior quality enables it to cut and write two times faster than any ordinary vinyl cutter. It can easily cut over 100 materials from paper to leather in no time. It lets people make personalized DIY projects faster. You can create on-the-go designs on your laptop, computer, or tablet without any extra effort.
- Images can be uploaded in .svg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, and .dxf formats
- Claims to be two times faster than other cutters of the same type
- Can work with a multitude of materials
- Can cut more than 100 kinds of material
- Enables you to create on-the-go designs
- Comparatively expensive
For a person who has a poster-making or advertisement business, vinyl cutters can save a lot of time and give excellent products to their customers. Even if you are a home décor enthusiast and like to make things for your home, these machines can come in handy for your DIY projects.