If you plan on tightening the nuts or bolts in your car, your child’s swing, or any other such equipment, the best type of tool to use is a wrench, namely a torque wrench. You need to get the best torque wrench available on the market, and it is just your luck as we have listed the top 10 torque wrenches in 2017 that money can buy.
- 1. TEKTON 24335 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
- 2. EPAuto 3/8″ Drive Click Torque Wrench
- 3. TEKTON 24320 1/4-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
- 4. Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
- 5. Cartman Torque Wrench with Socket
- 6. ACDelco ARM601-4 1/2″ Digital Torque Wrench
- 7. Park Tool Ratcheting Click Type Torque Wrench
- 8. Capri Tools 31200 20-150 Inch Pound Industrial Torque Wrench
- 9. GearWrench (85066) 1/2″ Torque Wrench
- 10. Precision Instruments PREC3FR250F Silver 1/2″ Drive Split Beam Torque Wrenches
1. TEKTON 24335 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
This simple yet sturdy torque wrench is a great one to buy if you are looking for one that you can carry even in the back of your pocket. The design and features are such that it will blow you away. Plus, you will be able to form a firm grip on the handle.
- Reversible ratchet
- Dual range measurements
- The head of the wrench can go in both directions
- The product is highly durable
- Not built for industrial use
2. EPAuto 3/8″ Drive Click Torque Wrench
This product is heavy duty and perfect for people who require it for consistent use. The ratchet head of the tool is highly durable and is made up of a strong metal called chrome-vanadium steel alloy. You will also get a plastic box where you can safely store the metal wrench.
- Made from chrome-vanadium
- Emits a click
- Easy to read in low light
- The dual range on the tool is highly accurate and in high contrast, so it will be easy for you to read
- The tool itself is highly durable and reliable
- May not be accurate for measurements below 30 lbs
3. TEKTON 24320 1/4-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
This is another great product to use if you are looking for something that is easy to handle and will do the job properly. You will be able to read the measurements of the tool in low light as well thanks to the high contrast present. The entire product is made up of steel which makes it last longer and robust.
- Reversible ratchet head
- Dual range measurement
- You will hear a click when it reaches the present value
- It will come pre-calibrated, which makes it ready to use
- Does not measure torque for both directions of rotations
4. Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
If you are looking for a product that is different but accomplishes the job just as well, you may want to consider this product. It is one of the only items you will find that comes in bronze color. It will also produce a click sound when the torque value is reached.
- Reversible ratchet
- Bronze color
- Rmits a click
- It is perfect for heavy-duty use and is built using sturdy material
- The length of the product is 18 inches
- The numbers are a little hard to read
5. Cartman Torque Wrench with Socket
This is a great product if you are looking for one that suits your daily household needs. The product comes pre-calibrated to +/- 4% which means you can use it just as it is and it will give you an accurate reading. It also has a reversible ratchet head, so it can go in either direction.
- Reversible ratchet head
- Emits a click at present value
- Comes with extra heads
- Includes an extension bar, socket and adaptor
- Comes pre-calibrated
- You will have to be extra careful with setting the reading
6. ACDelco ARM601-4 1/2″ Digital Torque Wrench
If you want to switch to using a digital wrench, you should take a look at this product. It comes with three different functions, namely mode setting, torque setting and measurement setting. The head of the product is also reversible for easy use.
- LCD measurements
- Three mode settings
- Buzzer rings at present value
- A buzzer will ring when it reaches the present value
- The product is easy to use, especially for novices
- Can only measure in three different values
7. Park Tool Ratcheting Click Type Torque Wrench
The tool is blue in color and ensures that the user can form a firm grip on it. It is very lightweight, making it easy to use.
- Different colors
- Rubber grip
- The product is made of high-quality materials and is highly durable
- It will apply just the right amount of torque needed and will measure accurately
- Does not work well for heavy-duty use
8. Capri Tools 31200 20-150 Inch Pound Industrial Torque Wrench
Be it for heavy-duty use or industrial use, this is the product that will deliver high-quality performance and will last for a long time. The product is made up of the best possible material and comes from a line of premium components and has technology that many wrenches lack.
- Engraved numbers
- Top-notch technology
- It has a torque range of ¼ inches
- It also comes with bi-directional calibration
- Not easy to use if you are looking to do work around the house
9. GearWrench (85066) 1/2″ Torque Wrench
If lug nuts are your enemy, this wrench will help you fight your battle. It is built perfectly for this specific purpose. The quality of the product is one of the best you will find and can torque down lug nuts to 100 ft-lbs. It is light to use, which will make you feel like you did not have to put in much effort to work.
- Perfect for lug nuts
- It is reasonably priced and is of excellent quality
- It is easy to use
- It will work best on vehicles only
10. Precision Instruments PREC3FR250F Silver 1/2″ Drive Split Beam Torque Wrenches
If you want to go in an entirely different direction than the traditional torque wrenches, this is the product for you. The grip of the tool has been built to incorporate an ergonomic design. The finishing is also of nickel/chrome.
- Ergonomic design
- Nickel/chrome finishing
- You will not need to turn it down once you have used the product
- The setting can be locked onto adjustable wrenches
- Priced higher than normal
Every torque wrench is different, so you will need to pick one that will suit your needs. The best way to specify the type you require is by understanding the job at hand. You can pick any of the above and you will not be disappointed.